Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year, Same Old Shit.

I just got drunkdialed by

A blond in a corvette

Parked on a hillside overlooking the sunset.

She said to me,

“Buy diamonds,”

But I’m broke.

She’s like champagne bubbles.

She’s softly flavored and

I like to imagine her

Drunkenly caressing the dashboard-

Leather, black and jet smooth.

There is a snowy crust

That runs along the sides of

My porch, my perch.

I am staring at the starburst

Explosion,

A veil of intoxicating chemicals,

falling over my face.

And I feel drunk like her too.

I want to buy her green diamonds cuffs,

To slip over her slim pink wrists.

And I’ll toss her around by them

And write manic novels dedicated to her.

Her gift to me is sentiment.

Mine to her I do not know,

But her voice murmers on,

And I imagine putting my cold hands

Against her warm skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment